Wind Conducting Symposium 2020
Thursday, July 02, 2020 to Sunday, July 05, 2020
With Dr. Jason Caslor from Arizona State University and U of T’s Gillian MacKay and Jeffrey Reynolds.
The 2020 Wind Conducting Symposium has been cancelled due to the ongoing pandemic.
Please join us in 2021 with our guest Dr. Jason Caslor!
This is a four-day intensive session designed for teachers and conductors at all levels.
We will explore the Art of Conducting and the Art of Teaching, working to help everyone improve their skills and understanding in a positive learning environment.
Topics of Discussion
- Score Study
- Rehearsal Technique
- Classroom Problem Solving
- Movement and Gesture
- Band Pedagogy
Mornings: lectures, presentations, discussions
Afternoons: live conducting with ensemble consisting of UofT ensemble members and participants
- Danny Choi – Remembrance https://www.didchoi.com/about
- Franco Cesarini ? Greek Folk Song Suite
- Darius Milhaud ? Suite Française
- Ron Nelson ? Courtly Airs and Dances
- Peter Meechan ? Letters for Home
- Hugh Stuart ? Three Ayres from Gloucester
- Percy Grainger ? Lincolnshire Posy 1,2,4,5,6
- Kathryn Salfelder ? Reminiscence
- Jan Van der Roost ? Puszta
- Cait Nishimura ? Chasing Sunlight
- Mathew Emery ? When the Sun Comes After Rain
- Evan Hammell ? Skyline
- Kenley Kristofferson ? Matters of Kindness
Come recharge your batteries with us this summer.
Wind Conducting Symposium Brochure 2020
*The 2020 Wind Conducting Symposium is now full for active participants. A waitlist is being maintained, please contact Gillian MacKay directly.*
*We still have room for auditors.*
Online Registration: https://wcs2020.eventbrite.ca
Registration deadline: May 1, 2020
For more information please contact Gillian MacKay.