Digital Media at the Crossroads (DM@X)
Two-day conference on Zoom
Join us for the eighth annual DM@X conference, featuring major speakers focusing on the future of content in digital media.
Full program available on the conference website at http://www.digitalmediaatthecrossroads.com
Over the two-day conference, the following topics will be discussed:
- The Digital Media Universe in Canada: Measuring Revenues, Audiences, and Future Prospects
- New Digital Payment Technologies for Content
- Addressing Online Harm and Fake News – How Are Governments Dealing With It?
- New Directions in Immersive Media
- Diversity in Canadian Content: Addressing the Challenge – A Discussion with Two Cultural Agencies
- DM@X-tra - A Digital Student Engagement Initiative
- Strategy, Successes and Roadblocks: Diversity, Equity and Inclusion in the Media Sector
- Internet Piracy - Is Site-Blocking the Solution?
- The CRTC Role in Regulating Streaming Services – What Will the Rules be Like?
- Podcasts – The Management Challenges
- Digital Platforms and the News – Evolving Issues and Strategies
- Video Game Production in Canada: Where Does It Stand?
Registration fee: $39
*Rates for members of the Faculty of Music:
Student: $9; Faculty/Staff/Librarian: $19
Register (via Eventbrite) at https://digitalmediaatthecrossroads.com